- Wire Wrapping Workshops
- May 22, 2020, Friday, 1pm to 4pm - NEW! Caged Cabochon Pendant Class - Virtual Classroom
May 22, 2020, Friday, 1pm to 4pm - NEW! Caged Cabochon Pendant Class - Virtual Classroom
Hi Friends! Thanks so much for being here! You are purchasing a seat into my Perfectly Twisted Jewelry VIRTUAL classroom. Please read everything before you continue to purchase.
Learn how to create a caged cabochon wire pendant. This is a wonderful technique for cabochon of all shapes and allows for more free flow in design vs technical symmetry work.
There is quite a bit of hammering to get 'this look' in the wire. There is also sanding and filing to get 'this look' from the tapered swirling tips. While this pendant harness can be made without hammer, file and sandpaper, the look of the wire will be different.
- Learn how to shape a wire cage pendant frame using thicker hammered wire.
- Learn how to shape design wires into beautifully tapered curves and spirals.
- Learn how to file and sand your wires and why you might want to.
- Learn how to 'add-on' design and banding wires.
- Learn how to attach decorative beads.
This is an intermediate class.
If you are a very beginner wire worker, please take class #101 first.
I allow 4 students per room with me for an interactive, on camera session. Your computer connection, audio and monitor functions are your responsibility. You will need to hear and see me. Your voice and video is optional for you to turn on or not. If turned on, please know that you will be sharing visible and audio space with others in class. Please make sure your surroundings are appropriate for you to participate. I reserve the right to mute any student who has disruptive background noise if not controllable. I reserve the right to block any student video if their background is not appropriate. (Please no blaring radio or TV in the background)
You can use your own materials and tools if you have them or see below for links to purchasing what you need.
Once you pay for your seat...
You will get a confirmation email with a link to my private Virtual classroom and instructions to prepare for class.
PLEASE NOTE! Class tuition is NON REFUNDABLE. Please check your schedule and your technology ahead of time.
Any cost of materials and tools are not included in this class tuition.
4 seats maximum.
Minimum student age is 16.
Duration: approximately 3 hours.
Please feel free to email with questions before registration:
Materials if you have them on-hand
- 1.5 foot - 18 gauge, round, dead soft wire. (Frame wires)
- 2 feet - 18 gauge, half round, dead soft wire (Banding wires) * this can be 22g, 20g or 18g
- 1 foot - 28 gauge, round, dead soft wire. (For accent beads)
- A small cabochon of approximately 1 x 1 inch or smaller to .5 x .5 inch
- Small copper accent beads (optional) of 1mm to 3mm round.
- Flush cutters
- Round nose pliers
- Chain link or flat nose pliers
- Hammer (optional)Steel bench block or anvil (optional)
- 300 to 400g sand papers (optional)
- Small metal file (optional)
If you need to purchase materials and/or tools, you can contact
Lithos Mineral, Fossil, Meteorite, Book and Hobby Shop
(Purchased separately from price of the class)
ORDER KIT #107 - for Caged Cabochon Pendant
They sell Sterling Silver wires as well as designer cabochons, beads and other jewelry making supplies. Give them a call or check out their online stores to order materials and/or tools before class and please give time enough time for shipping.
Lithos on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/LithosArvada
Lithos e-commerce: https://lithosarvada.square.site/
5695 Yukon St, Arvada, CO 80002