IF YOU ARE SHOPPING rather than selling... You can catch some advice I shared on our September Membership Livestreams.
I gave you shopping and education highlights from the show and I put the Short videos into a playlist if you're interested...
WHEN I SHOP the Gemshow...
1. I wear very comfortable sneakers and socks.
2. I carry a large handbag with a zipper (or some type of bag to safely carry your gems).... and if you're really getting it on, bring a smaller roller suitcase!
3. I bring a pen and a small notebook for making notes about what a rock might be... or any other interesting thing I need to remember or to record any custom orders I might get while at the show... it happens sometimes.
4. I bring the amount of cash I want to stay on budget with. I bring the business credit card because I know I will go over the cash budget so I have a secondary CC budget... :D (know thyself).
5. I have a list of gemstones or crystals I am shopping for specifically, either for orders or for general inventory for my studio. I also have a list of regular Dealers I like to shop with and I gave you links and names in some of the September posts and show videos.
6. I BRING MY BUSINESS CARDS - the rock show has people who love their rocks... what better place for a wire wrapper to have her business cards handy!
The gemshow, when you first walk in, depending on how large the show is... can be overwhelming. Most shows have a 'main desk' or 'registration' or 'front door'... there is usually a printed catalog showing where the dealers are located within the show.... I'd find that to start.
Then you have an idea of how large the show is and what dealers are there. You can make your path through based on who you are shopping with or just in general.
Most shows offer free parking but don't assume that. Most shows offer free attendance, but don't assume that either, might be good to factor in if you're on a budget.
Make sure if you are attending a very large show, to bring water and make sure you know where to get food or bring some snacks. It can be a very large experience and sometimes we forget to replenish the body. Outstandingly fun when we stay feeling good, too!
For my newest members... FIY... I have the greatest privilege to work for the Colorado Mineral and Fossil Show when it is here in Denver. The show travels through Texas as well as Tucson. Here is the website for the show so you can look up dates if you are nearby, you should go!
Most of the Dealers I speak about in various videos are from this show. This show does have free attendance and free parking. This is where I shop twice a year... along with a few local and online shops (some dealers that are at this show also sell online). www.rmgmpromotions.com
About the show!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sV_943chNM
If you have questions, please feel free to ask me! Or please share any of your show experiences, be they as a shopper or a seller or both. These images are posted with the kind permission of the Colorado Mineral and Fossil Show Promoter and Owner.